PROFILE
Jaclyn
TWITTER. INSTAGRAM. ASK.




Saturday, September 14, 2013 / 2:45 AM

The best friday the 13th i've ever had.

First, i thought my day would start out bad because all np students would be receiving their results.
so the thing is, i have very high expectation of myself academically.
people say, the higher your expectations are, the harder you'll fall.
but it turned out that my results aren't that bad, but i expected much more from myself.
it did manage to get off my mind pretty quickly though, cause when i think about it, my results aren't that bad.
just my expectations that is making me feel down.

so i would say, it was a blessing in disguise.
great start for the day.

next, the long awaited concert/gig i've been waiting for.
i was going all crazy when i first heard my favorite band, the maine is coming to singapore.
after today, i realised i might not be their biggest fan.
not that they performed badly, so i stopped loving them. they were absolutely amazing.
but it just didn't occur to me how crazy some fans could be.
comparing myself to them, im only at level 10 while they're at level 10000. 
imagine how those fans reacted when they first knew upsurge productions is bringing the maine to singapore.
that aside, it was also my virgin experience to a concert/gig.
so you can imagine how excited i was.
first concert/gig + favorite band, what could be better.

thankfully brandon's friend was okay with letting us queue with her though we weren't there when she first started queuing.
if we were to join the queue at the time we reached, i'll probably not get so close to the stage and see john, jared and kennedy up close.

so we waited outside for about an hour if i am not wrong, and waited in tab for 2 hours before the maine came out.
the wait was worthwhile, really.
they were soooooo good.
and since it was kennedy's birthday, we, as in the fans gave him a surprise by singing a birthday song for him during into your arms. how adorable.
one of the best moments was when john sang these four words with no screaming. 
and of course when they performed misery.

oh and did i mention john was wearing this denim outerwear with maine logo at the back.
not only that, the one side of the collar was red with a crescent and 5 stars, and the other side white.
it took me quite a while to realize it. 
 
ALL IN ALL, it was an amazing and unforgettable experience.
and all thanks to brandon for booking the tickets, agreeing to watch the maine with me and of course for being a great company!

and i didn't take any pictures or videos while the concert was on cause i just wanted to enjoy the music.
hence, those pictures on the top are taken from http://zchromosomes.tumblr.com/post/61123890428/one-off-my-bands-to-watch-before-i-die-lis

One of the best days in my life.

Layout by 16thday · Background from Schizoo · Icon from Reviviscent · Inspiration from Janani and Nicole